BLI vs Bachmann Spectrum

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Sep 20 11:36:40 EDT 2007

I don't care for the paintjob on the BLI engine, nor the sound. I do like the look of the Bachmann (I have one and it runs pretty OK", but have yet to hear the sound version.

Mike Rector

NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote: The great photo of 611 in front of Roanoke Shops has finally weakened me to get one of the newer plastic "J"s. My friend has a Bachmann, which runs Ok, and with weathering, looks like the real thing in video.
I have NOT seen the BLI version. So.. I need some advice. Which really looks more like the "J" in service.
Don't want the excursion version. BLI doe have the earlier version with spoked pilot wheels.
I'm not planning for this engine to be run until it dies or anything, just the occasional run with 5-20 passenger cars behind it.
Which version looks better, which has more accurate paint, and most reliable mechanics?

Mark Lindsey
y3a at earthlink.net

NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org