F Units

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Aug 29 19:14:05 EDT 2007

Yep,

N&W had them. They mainly ran on the old Wabash Lines and in Canada. A lot stayed in Canada. The N&W First Generation Diesels by Bowers & Withers (out of print and hard to find) had a lot of information on these. A few units hung around to the mid to late 70's. Most were gone by the early 70's though. I don't think any of them made it down to the coal fields and if I remember the lacked dynamic brakes. The few pictures I have seen of them show them pulling general merchandise freights.

A.J. Gemperline