F-units

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Aug 29 11:44:44 EDT 2007

--- NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org>
wrote:

> I saw an add from Bowser showing F-units lettered

> for Norfolk and Western. I

> did not know that Norfolk and Western owned or ran

> F-units

============================
N&W inherited approx 100 F7s from Wabash in the Oct
1964 merger. The ranks thinned quickly as N&W retired
great numbers of them. They ran mainly on ex-Wabash
lines espec into Canada. They never ran on the old
N&W "proper" (the pre-merger portion of N&W) as far as
I know. Some of them ran into the mid 1970s - mainly
in the Buffalo to Canada area IIRC.

Mark Peele
Catonsville, MD

N&W in N scale