WAS:Re: J night shot NOW: N scale N&W passenger car decals

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Aug 26 20:45:03 EDT 2007

--- NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org>
wrote:

> Mark:

> Nope they did both because when I worked at the

> hobby shop we carried both,

> that was the reason for caring the line. They had

> the striping for doing a J

> in N-scale on the same sheet as the number and

> lettering, and at the time I

> think it was about $5.00.

> The two were together at a train show we went to,

> and they both knew each

> other when it comes to Roanoke Rails, and Shell

> Scale.

> Mike Looney

======================
Thanks Mike, I've been in N scale since like 1970, and
have bought from Shellscale since the pre-internet
days (1980s) and I've never seen N&W passenger car
decals from them. Richard Shell recently circulated an
email asking about interest in N&W passenger car
decals, and solicited opinions as to what they should
include.

Roanoke rails - that is great news! I've never seen
the decals in question so the hunt is on! I guess I'll
check with Roanoke Rails first (are they still
around?)

Regards,

Mark Peele
Catonsville, MD

N scale has a beautiful J but no N Scale N&W Passenger Decals?