611 Questions/ Tender Conversion

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jun 18 19:48:02 EDT 2007

Hi Lois;

I hope you realize that the pre-Spectrum Bachmann model has a very poor representation of the J's boiler. The model's boiler is actually pretty close to the streamlined K2/K2a. Compare it with a Spectrum or BLI J, which have the correct boilers. At that point, you may decide that it is not worth the effort.

A few years back, there was an article in Mainline Modeler on making a good boiler for the Bachmann Plus J, about the same time as the Spectrum J was announced.

Nigel