Brass HO Y6b help

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue May 1 18:22:58 EDT 2007

Dave:
I don't think a casting of the Y6b has ever been available as a
separate part. The stack on the PFM model is not correct. IIRC it
has a base cast to fit the smokebox and a turning to represent the
rest of the stack. The two pieces are held together with a center
screw. The stack did not cant forward, so it is incorrect. I would
assume that the stack on the more recent Korean built imports of the
Y6b would be correct. Even the Rivarossi plastic model has the canted stack.

One other error on the PFM is the headlight mounting. Check
prototype photos. The headlight sits too high. It should be on a
bracket which slopes down from the large cross pipe.
If you are redetailing, that should be an easy fix.

I have one of these models, so let me know if you need anything else verified.

Rick Morrison