reply to Dave Phelps re passenger cars

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Apr 30 21:25:35 EDT 2007

Rick:

I was fortunate enough to get one of the undec Rivarossi's with the dry
transfers, but I seem to recall having to spray paint mine... The RF&P car name
was "King William" in the set. I also did the stripes from the dry transfer
sheet and to my amazement it came out well.

Again from Waynor, the three L&N cars, 3410-Green River, 3411-Kentucky
River, and 3412-Barren River, were indeed Plan 4140 cars, but built in Lot 6814 in
Oct. '49.

It's always been my understanding that the Rivarossi car modeled the
Pennsy's ACF 10-6 cars, not their P-S ones. This is why the most common
factory-applied name on a Rivarossi Pennsy 10-6 is "Huron Rapids," an ACF car.

I looked at one of the Rapido N&W coaches at Rail Yard; they looked nice but
I already knew they were not correct, and the price turned me off. Later I
did some research and discovered that the trucks on the Rapido coach are not
correct for N&W coaches, and that violates the "six foot rule."

Dave Phelps

In a message dated 4/30/2007 7:40:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,