Kadee HO Scale PS-2 Covered Hopper

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Apr 24 10:04:36 EDT 2007

Good luck trying to get Kadee to letter a car for N&W when the model
is not quite correct. The Kadee folks are very particular about
this. When they came out with their first PS-1 boxcar, they didn't
issue it lettered for southern roads. The reason was that most PS-1
production in the south came from PS's Birmingham shop, and the cars
were slightly different from the PS-1 model. When diework for the
Birmingham cars was made, then we saw cars lettered for southern
railroads, like Seaboard for example. With Kadee it's not like the
old days when a generic model was considered close enough.

Rick Morrison