Company houses

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 15 16:39:10 EST 2007

I know this is a little different for a topic, but I am looking for some
information. I recently built a coal mining facility complete with several
company houses and a company store. My question is: When did automobiles
start to show up owned by company house residents? A friend of mine said
they did not have cars before the late fifties or early sixties. I have
seen pictures of company houses with cars at a much earlier date. Since I'm
modelling the N&W in the mid-to-late fifties, I would like to have cars and
trucks but would like to be somewhat accurate.
Thanks for any insight,
Ron K.