CODE 83 RAIL

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jan 31 23:09:53 EST 2007

Before transition sections and transition joiners were as readily available
as they are now, I made my own by shimming under the smaller rail's ties
similar to what Cal described, putting a larger size (e.g. code 100) on the
larger rail, flattening the rest of the joiner with pliers, aligning the smaller
rail and finally soldering the smaller rail to the flattened top of the
joiner. Easier to do than to describe!

Dave Phelps

In a message dated 1/31/2007 10:29:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,