N&W Pass Red.

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jan 8 08:19:54 EST 2007

Seem to remember the modeling list having this discussion before. Others
may want to identify which manufacturers 'got it right' and which did not. I
grew up in PRR territory (the New York and Long Branch)
and believe N&W red very similar, if not identical to PRR tuscan red. Among
HO suppliers, there has been a wide range of 'N&W red' interpretations. One
in particular was rose colored in my view - the only reason for calling it
'red' is that it wasn't green or purple. But we each have our own perception
or memory.

Jerome Crosson