Help for a neophyte ?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Dec 9 06:10:22 EST 2006

Mr. Yerger,. as I understand it, the Lynchburg to Durham line was the first to dieselize. In the early morning of November 8, 1955 N&W train #93 passed through Gladys, VA (where I lived at the time) on its way to Durham, NC with GP-9s, numbers 10, 11, and 12 pulling the train. There were also two RS-3s in tow in the train. This information came from the conductor on that train. This may have been the first GP-9 in regular service on the N&W. At least, it will open up some discussion.

Jim Moseley