UP color scheme N&W passenger car

N and W Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Nov 18 21:39:14 EST 2006

One Armour Yellow car with red Wabash lettering was
typically in the Cannonball as it passed by home near
Ft Wayne prior to it being horribly downsized.
Merle Rice

--- N and W Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org>
wrote:

> These cars were in the City of St. Louis pool.

> Wabash began operating

> the COSL between Kansas City and St. Louis on June

> 2, 1946. Wabash

> participated by supplying 4 Western series sleepers,

> 4 coaches (Nos. 1427-

> 1430) and in 1958 purchased dome coach No. 203.

> One of the coaches

> stenciled Norfolk and Western was the 1838.

> Although UP continued

> to operate the City of St. Louis to Kansas City, N&W

> dropped the KC-

> St. Louis portion in 1969. I'm not sure about this,

> but I believe N&W

> exchanged the 203 to Southern Railway for a pair of

> trucks for business

> car #101.

> Harry Bundy

Home of the Troop Cars, GE Steeple Cabs. New NOW--Mann's Creek Log Buggies and Hoppers in HO and O are on our website, www.mrrwarehouse.com ! Check it out today !
If you recieved a confirming order email you may phone 1-800-672-8762 (EST business hours) with credit card info or click here for PayPal (Mastercard/Visa/elctronicCheck payments: https://secure.paypal.com/affil/pal=sales%40mrrwarehouse.com . Send your PayPal payment to Sales at MRRWAREHOUSE.COM .
Thanks for your interest in Model Railroad Warehouse. We look forward to hearing from you again.