RPO modeling workshop

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Oct 31 12:24:56 EST 2006

From: "Kenneth Moss" <kjmoss_remote at hotmail.com>
To: f_scheer at yahoo.com
Subject: RPO Talk
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:52:53 -0500

Frank,

The Mid-Eastern Region (MER) of the National Model
Railroad Association (NMRA) will be holding its 2007
convention in Lynchburg on October 18-21. A major
feature of NMRA conventions are "clinics" given as
informational programs on a host of subjects ranging
from modeling techniques to prototype and historical
presentations.

We are interested in having you provide an
informational clinic on the Railway Mail Service at
the convention. If you recall, I invited you to make
a presentation to the NRHS Rivanna Chapter in
Charlottesville in October 2005 (which was very well
received by the membership!). A presentation similar
to that which you presented in Charlottesville would
be appropriate.

Would you be interested in presenting such a clinic in
Lynchburg during our convention? If so, we would like
for you to consider presenting the same presentation
twice during the convention (several clinics are
conducted simultaneously in different rooms...offering
a second presentation enables attendees to deconflict
concurrent clinics).

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Ken Moss
MER 2007 Convention Planning Committee

October 31, 2006

Hello, Ken:

I'll keep the dates open. The workshop should focus
on two aspects: modeling cars accurately from
prototypes; plus, usual RPO train operations and
consists.

There are others who have worked on these topical
areas better than me. Maybe those people will be
willing to step forward in my place, but in any event
I'll make the presentation if no one else wants to.

Best wishes in developing an interesting convention,
Ken! Enjoy a nice Autumn in the meantime.

Sincerely,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com