Proto 2000 Y3 question

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Aug 4 17:40:29 EDT 2006

Bob,

I have never experienced that problem. First thing I would do is to remove
the decoder and return the locomotive to its original condition. See if it
will operate ok on DC.

I am presuming that you installed the decoder in the tender, where it
belongs. I don't know how you could have interfered with the drive of the
engine mechanism.

If the unit operates ok on DC, I would try a different decoder and see if
things are ok.

If the unit operates the same on DC as now the decoder, it is possible that
something is binding up in the mechanism and you will have to disassemble
the engine.

Had you test run this before installing a decoder?

Good luck and let the list know what you find out.

Jim Brewer