N&W Red

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jul 13 14:04:26 EDT 2006

Bob,

The Scalecoat I and II N&W red is a pretty good match for middle and later 50's-60's (I think it changed sometime during the 1953-1955 time period). The problem with using it for earlier periods is its not "orange" enough. Of course there was a time period once the color was changed that you would have seen both reds even on the same train. If you want to use the earlier red I may be able to help. Please contact me off line at VgnRails at verizon.net if interested.