PCM Y6?

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jul 12 23:44:24 EDT 2006

One more note on the brass verses plastic sound/timbre. I guess it might be time for me to check the "A's" tender again. One thing I found out early is that the speaker holes in the bottom of the tender for the "A" can pick up stray track nails. I didn't believe it until the first time I took one apart. My club had been putting in new handlaid turnouts and in the process some track nails ended up in the ballast. The magnets in the speakers were just powerfull enought to pick them up. So if you get the tinny sound and had been doing track work recently, check the tender.

A.J. Gemperline