Y6 allocations, Shenandoah line locos etc.

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jun 28 22:51:50 EDT 2006

My caption is in error. The ATC was extended from Shenandoah to Roanoke
in compliance with a second ICC order of 1924. But that was as far as it
went. So ATC ran from Roanoke to Hagerstown, but nowhere else on the
N&W. BTW, I have seen ATC equipped Y6's in Bluefield. Roanoke assigned
engines, of course, could go in any of four directions; but if they went
up the Shenandoah, they needed ATC equipment. Jim Nichols