Y6 allocations, Shenandoah line locos etc.

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jun 28 22:11:41 EDT 2006

The Roanoke District did indeed have cab signals. There is an article in one of the N&W Magazines about it. As a matter of fact, we haven't figured out just why it happens, cab signaled diesels will occasionally trip the PC and put the brakes on the train.

While Class J's were not used on the Valley, Class A's were shown in the timetables. I know at least one went as far as Shenandoah. I was told that since the A's didn't have Cab Signals they needed a clearance from the Supt. to run north.
Jimmy Lisle