UK "Pen Pals" Head Lights&couplers

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jun 8 13:12:29 EDT 2006

RE: Switching or "shunting".Last time I was overseas (1972) it was
quite labor intensive. As you may have noticed from pictures a hook and
link system is used with tension adjustment, using a screw type
configuration. The buffers provide the separation between the cars and
the coupling system. As with US rolling stock, all cars have a hand
brake system that can be set,once the car has been spotted at a
Defer to our friends across the pond for further details and any
corrections to the above.
Bob
Manassas, VA