Y6b stenciling, sheathed smokeboxes

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jun 7 11:38:45 EDT 2006

I assume then that when Stephen mailed earlier that #2185 was the only
Y6b never to have a sheathed smokebox, he actually meant #2188. Unless
"sheathing" and "lagging" don't here mean the same thing.

As I mentioned in an earlier mailing, Kim Thurlow stated that #2177
and #2188 reamained unsheathed. As it so happens #2177 appears quite a
few times in the "Pocahontas Glory" DVDs, and also in the "Hooters on
Blue Ridge" DVD. On all occasions it appears to me to have an
unsheathed smokebox - that is, if I've understood what "sheathed"
actually ought to look like.

I am still quite ignorant as to this question of "sheathed
smokeboxes", and would be very grateful for any enlightenment in this
matter (see my earlier mail on "sheathed smokeboxes,..."

Regards to you all,

Frank Hung