4-8-0

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jun 5 12:21:54 EDT 2006

Sunset has produced the M class engines in HO. They wanted to make one in O
scale but there was not enough interest for a production run. There have been
several O scale locos produced in recent years; such as class A, Y-3, S-1,
Y6b, and J series 4-8-4s. Sunset is about to make Y6b and a K-2 streamlined
mountain. The locos are of varying "accuracy" but something is better than
nothing. As an exHO modeler all I can say get rid of your teeny tiny trains and
join us in a MAN sized scale. Ross is even producing a transfer table that
will hold an A-B-A set up. The mere mention of a diesel makes my skin crawl but
it give an idea of the size. Keep up the complaining and may cinders from
100 mallets line your bed.
Robert Starkweather