Pocahantas 10-6 Sleepers

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue May 9 11:03:38 EDT 2006

At 10:39 AM 5/8/2006, you wrote:

>Jim do you know which of the sleepers worked 20 & 21 into and out of

>Winston-Salem ? Cal Reynolds

Cal:

The commercially available videos all show Budd sleepers on 11 &
12. On a visit to Roanoke about 1959-60 I saw Budd cars on 11 &
12. However, I once watched a fellow's "home movies" of these trains
made in the 50's, and on that day there was a PRR PS sleeper standing
in for the N&W car. This was not uncommon as sleepers were operated
by Pullman, so stand in cars for regularly assigned cars did
appear. Illinois Central was one of the few roads that was strict
about perfectly matched trains.

Rick Morrison