Proto 2000 N&W Y-3s

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Mar 16 22:17:13 EST 2006

A follow-up to my previous (included below) post:
I can now verify that Jim Brewer is correct in stating that #2020 was
modeled with the 12K - 16ton tender.
A VERY small tender compared to the 18k - 23ton version on #2024.

So, that yields a question for the veterans: Did N&W replace these small
USRA tenders with their own? and if so, in what time frame? and what did
they replace them with?

humbly,
Dave Willis.
N&W Steam Lives on in Indiana.

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.

org To:
nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sent
by: cc:

nw-modeling-list-bounc Fax
to:
es at nwhs.org Subject: Re:
Proto 2000 N&W Y-3s

03/15/2006 09:53
PM
Please respond to
and W Modeling
List

I may not recognize the tender sizes on sight, but I do have #2020 AND
#2024 and I can say with 100% certainty that the tender on #2020 is a good
bit smaller than the one on #2024. Just last night I had them side by side
comparing them. I can check out the lettering on the tail or measure
something as directed.

Dave Willis
N&W Steam Lives on in Indiana.

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org