Proto 2000 N&W Y-3s

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Mar 16 03:01:33 EST 2006

On 3/14/2006, Ed King wrote:

>In order to be a correct Y-3a, that 2050 has to have a boiler

>inspection hatch cover in the proper place. Does it?

Ed King,

If you mean the boiler inspection hatch cover to the left front of
the steam dome, then the model doesn't have one. If there is another
one, please tell me where it is, and I'll check my copy of 2050
there. As it stands, I guess the P2K model of 2050 is not an accurate Y3a.

Cheers,
Kert Peterson
Fircrest, WA

Modeling the Norfolk and Western Ry in 1951,
when Precision Transportation was still steam powered!