Proto 2000 N&W Y-3s

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Mar 15 16:18:48 EST 2006

Ed,

The last run of P2K Y3s were modeled "as built", so they came with
the USRA tenders, whatever size they are. Those numbers are 2009 and 2020.

2050 came with the short 16K tender. I don't know the subtle
differences between a modified Y3 and a modified Y3a to confirm
whether the P2K model of 2050 is indeed a Y3a, but that is the number
it came with.

Cheers,
Kert Peterson
Fircrest, WA

Modeling the Norfolk and Western Ry in 1951,
when Precision Transportation was still steam powered!