Bowser to DCC was Re: Rivarossi Y6b question

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Feb 19 21:08:14 EST 2006

Hi Bob;

On your Bowser kit, trade the motor in for a new one that is DCC ready with
a skew wound armature and high energy magnets. Scroll down to near the
bottom of: http://www.bowser-trains.com/hoother/dcc/dcc.htm

Alternatively, an Alliance Helix Humper. http://www.alliancelink.com/alp/

For a decoder: Digitrax DH123D is one of the many choices.
http://www.digitrax.com/prd_mobdec_dh123d.php
and if you need more than two functions DH163
http://www.digitrax.com/prd_mobdec_dh163d.php

There are many other decoder options out there including Lenz, TCS, NCE and
others that will also work well for you.

Nigel F Misso
nfmisso at mchsi.com