Y6's on the Pulaski Dist.

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Feb 18 18:56:01 EST 2006

Two.

The one that arrived on the Extra West (AKA #95) in the morning left on #88
usually called for 3PM.

The one that arrived about 10PM on #51 was turned quickly and went on #51
about 1AM.

Any Roanoke Terminal (Shaffers Crossing) assigned 2100 was likely to show up
(numbers 2120-2161, 2163-2180).

Since servicing time was short on the #51-52 turn, Shaffers tried to keep a
good 2100 on that turn. The summer I worked at Bristol Shop, the 2142 was
almost regular on #51. Sometimes if 51 was late, they'd call 52 before 51
left Glade Spring. (The operating dept. and MP dept. weren't particularly
friendly about things like that; if the #52 didn't get out on time the delay
(including the outbound train and engine crew wages waiting on the engine)
was chalked up to the MP dept. Of course, they could have delayed calling
the train until the power was going to be available, but calling the train
late was frowned upon too . . .

EdKing