Reply 2 : N & W J Class 4-8-4 611 Fan Trip Photos, Info on Correct HO Passenger Cars (nw-modeling-list@nwhs.org)

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Feb 1 20:12:48 EST 2006

From: Mike Balog, NHRHTA Member / Modeler <blueknightA1 at adelphia.net>
To: Lois J. Ponton, N&W 611 Historian / Modeler
Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2006
Subject: Reply 2: To: Message 1. RE: N & W J Class 4-8-4 611 Fan Trip
Photos,
Info on Correct HO Passenger Cars
(nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org)

Hello Lois:

This is a correction to the other reply I made last night. Still
waiting for your reply also.
[A] I believe the Bachmann 611 locomotive is of the first "Pre
Spectrum" run. As it doesn't
have any DCC Card or provision for one. The Aux Tender and the Loco
are packed away
so I don't know if they have a rounded end instead of a flat end.

[B] The passenger cars I picked up were packaged in Bachmann Boxes
with the cars made
by "Rivarossi". What follows is the Update List of the cars I picked
up. Brought home the
Dinner that I had at work.
[1] Item No. 43 - 1080 J1 Norfolk & Western Coach No. 1722
[2] Item No. 43 - 1080 J2 Norfolk & Western Coach No. 1724
[3] Item No 43 -1081 J6 Norfolk & Western Dinner No. 493, General
William Mahone
[4] Item No. 43 - 1083 J3 Norfolk & Western Pullman Virginia
Polytechnic Institute
[5] Item No. 43 - 1084 J4 Norfolk & Western Baggage No.128
[6] Item No. 43 - 1085 J5 Norfolk & Western Railway Post Office No., 93

Again, after checking the cars, the only markings they have on them
are the Coach numbers,
and / or the name of the car. All are painted shinny Maroon with gold
lettering and pin stripes.

[C] Detail Improvement Questions: [1] ideas for correcting the
passenger car trucks that were
provided - to better ones, please cite manufacturer name and model.
[2] Replacement of the
Horn Hook Couplers with [a] Kaydee or [b] McHenry couplers, [3]
Adding more weight and
interior Lighting. Thank you for your time and consideration, Please
Reply. Thanks.

Mike Balog
NHRHTA Member / Modeler
blueknightA1 at adelphia.net