PA-1's

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jan 28 08:49:15 EST 2006

Hey, Harry!

The PA3s were used on the main line some but wound up on 45 and 46 between Bristol and Memphis. There are photos of them elsewhere in a couple of the Southern color books. The one you saw on 42 was unusual; as noted, they were mainly on the Streamliner.

They were a tremendous improvement over the DLs, which should give you an idea about how much better EMDs were . . .

The electrician at Bristol used to let me crank 'em up prior to their going out on 45.

Ed