Virginian BA 2-8-4

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Jan 27 17:08:44 EST 2006

on 1/25/06 9:18 AM, nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org at nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
wrote:

> I have the Proto2000 VGN #508 from their first release and from the pictures

> I have she is right on the money. The most noticeable is the cistern section

> of the tender is the correct height, almost to the top of the coal bunker. I

> have her moderately disassembled in my roundhouse to simulate she is

> undergoing a full restoration. I would like to see Walthers modify the

> tender and other minor changes to make a VGN AG 2-6-6-6.

> Jon Kelley

Is that a possible kit bash? You could saw off the tender deck, build up
the sides with strip styrene, and then shorten the tender deck to fit it
under the coal bunker. Shave down the sand domes and re-letter.
Would any other visual corrections be needed?

--
Ron Herfurth, Charlottesville, Va
H0 in the basement with wireless Digitrax Chief