Broadway Limited J Second Run

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Jan 22 23:24:57 EST 2006

Also though the J's 600-604 had the round top tender, if BLI does do them with the counter weight on the crosshead, then those version would be wrong. Only good for 605-610.

Stephen Rineair
600-610 had a round top cistern deck when built and were never changed. 611-613 had a flat top cistern deck, but otherwise looked the same as the tenders on 600-610. They did, however, have a different design commonwealth tender truck than used on 600-610. Jim Nichols

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org wrote:

I just saw a preproduction model of the new J that Broadway is putting out. One of the features is a round top tender. If you look on the site they don't show pictures of it but they have it in the description of the new ones. I don't believe #611 is like this. Did these tenders ever have the round top like that and if so at what point did they get rid of them? I am interested because I have one on preorder from before I found this new information and I was pretty much hoping for one that looks like 611 now but with the single headlight. It sounds as if I may have to go with the one with the dual headlight in order to have the right one. Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Keep Steaming,
Greg Udolph
Heber City, UT
gregudolph at gmail.com