line poles and overhead

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jan 19 10:15:01 EST 2006

Aubreg,

I would not recommend elastic for the contact wire on an overhead system. I would suspect that pantograph will push the simulated wire too high, and then probably snag on the next overhead support that the unit passes under.

If you are going to run with a pantograph up, you need a material that doesn't stretch much, either wire or one of the fishing line like threads would be my suggestion.

You could still use elastic for the power lines that run parallel to the contact wire system in the overhead distribution system

Ed Sproles