PCM Y6b

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Jan 15 19:55:38 EST 2006

I¹ve built BOTH the challenger and 2-6-6-2 when it was a Mantua kit. While
the challenger can pull it has many little technical issues that must be
dealt with to produce a good running model that not many are around or
completed. It would seem that Bowser should have made a 4-8-0 In metal so
we would have an M, but so far, it¹s a BIG project to produce one from parts
from various manufacturers. Shame as my M2 prototype can pull 20+ cars with
a Alumilite cast boiler with lead shot added. I wish someone with a lathe
could make a really scale boiler so I could have a good master to produce
molds with. Same goes for the original M class. The frames could be MDC
2-8-0 old timers with modified front ends, and MDC larger 2-8-0 cylinders.
The rest can be done with detail parts and available tenders for the most
part.

Mark Lindsey