Spectrum vs. BLI

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jan 7 10:55:21 EST 2006

To each 'is own is certainly true. I bought a BLI & already had several J's by Bachmann, plus a couple brass Sunsets.
The Bachmann to me had the better detail and sharpness of detail, although the BLI had slightly better nose and skyline casing contours.
I didn't see where the BLI was worth 3 times the Bachmann, especially given that the synch was off on the sound and the whistle sound was distorted. A Bachmann plus sound would still be $100 cheaper than a BLI.
I'll admit I did like the A's that BLI did.
My $.02. Earlier this year, I posted some side-by-side photos of both that may be in the archives online somewhere still.

Andre Jackson and/or Lisa Burrows
Life is short; update your anti-virus software