Tidewater Big Train Operators Holiday Display

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Nov 30 21:42:27 EST 2005

You're invited! And it's FREE!
The Tidewater Big Train Operators will be operating a huge, indoor
holiday G-guage layout at the Avalon Church of Christ, 844 Woodstock
Road, Virginia Beach, Virginia. The layout will feature at least 17
(so far) operating trains, some running on loops, some
point-to-point. Thomas the Tank Engine will be running and, in the
past, there has usually been at least one Aristocraft Y3
running. The layout includes a water feature (all garden railroads
need a water feature :) and a "mystery mountain" that gobbles up
complete trains. And Santa will be there, too!

The display will be open as follows:

December 3 - 4 2-9 PM
December 5 - 9 6-9 PM
December 10 2-9 PM
December 11 12-6 PM

From I 64, take the Indian River Road West exit (286A). After
exiting from the interstate, at the first light turn right onto Reon
Road. It comes up fast, so dont't miss it. From Reon, at the next
light, turn right onto Providence Road. Immediately! get into the
left lane and turn left onto the first road which is Woodstock
Road. If you cross over the interstste, you missed the turn! Avalon
church is on the right. Take the second right turn into the parking
lot behind the church and look for the holiday lights.

Hope to see you there.

Jerry Kay
I love the smell of coal smoke in the morning (even if it is only smoke oil!)