new product news: new HO Y6b

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Nov 21 07:07:14 EST 2005

From: <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:22:49 -0500 (EST)
To: N&W Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org>
Subject: Re: new product news: new HO Y6b

<< if this engine does sell well, you can probably expect to see more N&W
steam. So rather than bash this engine, we should hope it sells well so that
more N&W steam will be made. >>

Why would you assume this? Just because most model railroaders who are NOT
specifically N&W modelers have only heard of a few big locomotives. H-8,
Y6b, Big Boy, Challenger. Just because the Y6b might be a big seller unless
they decide to make it articulate like the Rivirossi and Lifelike Y3, in
which case my point has been made, it doesn¹t mean 3 years later we¹ll get
an ³M² class like 475, or even more rare an M2c. The popularity of the
Y6b¹s Y3¹s and A & J is because of the videos which shows LOTS of those, but
not much else. Most modelers are not hard core enough to get all the
details right, because they just wanna play with trains, and have y3¹s
pulling double stacks etc. This seems especially true of the 3-railer
crowd.

Mark Lindsey
Stuck in the 1930¹s