Has anyone ever produced an HO-scale Z1b?

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Jun 26 19:06:04 EDT 2005

Yep. NJ imported them back in the early 80's. The frames are a
little fragile, and the solder lousy, but I have 1 that I backdated
by swapping step pilot for road one, and putting a 9K tender behind
it. I was just starting the process to make copies based on modified
Bowser or MDC frames and a fabricated boiler. The model
manufacturers don't seem to understand that more 2-6-6-2's were built
than 2-8-8-2's and they were used by more roads, but the list of
things that model manufacturers DON'T KNOW would fill a warehouse.

Mark Lindsey
Stuck in the 1930's