A tank = Y6 maybe?

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu May 12 23:32:55 EDT 2005

> Am I alone in thinking this but.....I was kind of hoping Life Like would
> eventually do runs of the various Class Y6s based on the excellent Y3
> 2-8-8-2 that they already have?
> I bought a USRA version with sound and think it performs as well as the
> Class A.     Mason Cooper

Life-Like needs some encouragement on the Y5, Y6 front.  My hobby shop's
employees have spoken to Life-Like at trade shows, and they are aware that
the Y3 chassis can be used as a basis for other Y's, but for some reason
they seem hesitant to move forward with it.
Personally, I would like to see both Life-Like and BLI (and someday a
resurrected Rivarossi) do the later Y's, but not at the same time.  Since
Life-Like has the chassis, they could probably do one quicker than BLI.
Marty Flick