BLI J pictures posted

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed May 11 04:54:25 EDT 2005

One thing I noticed is that the tender coal bunker extensions are not on this model.  That is one detail they have left off, probably because I don't think they were on the J's in regular service.  I'm not complaining about it though, just noticed they're not there.

As for the water tender, I like the model they have.  I never rode behind 611 with the striped tender.  I've got photos of it with that one, but me personally, I never really liked that version of it.  I never could get used to the tuscan red water tender either that was used in the last year of excursion service.  (Just to note, I never rode behind 611 by herself either, she always had some form of diesel assistance with her on the Bristol trips.)

Anyway, I like the model, and water tender just as they are, and I plan on getting them both!

Ben Blevins

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org wrote:
After the release of the late version of the Class J locomotive,
the early version is going to follow.  Just some more info to pass
along from BLI.

Stephen Rineair

The thing looks real good to me.  Its the way I remember 611.  Of course, I'm only 34, so I don't remember it in revenue service.  My era was the excursion era, so a model of 611 in excursion dress is right up my alley!

(Now, if I can only get a certain NWHS board member to make me a model of coach 539 to go with it!)

Ben Blevins

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org wrote:

Broadway Limited has posted pictures of their upcoming J on their website. It looks really good, better than the Bachman J.

Eric Lauterbach

NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org

NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org
NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org