H-21a 4 Bay Hopper cars

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Apr 13 23:45:09 EDT 2005

Hello All,

The Norfolk and Western did paint all of its own hoppers black.  The catch
is that the H21a's were only leased from the PRR, and only for
approximately one year, circa 11/1951 to 10/1952.

Please see the great article by John Teichmoeller on this very subject in
the May/June 2003 issue of "The Arrow", pages 17 and 18.

The question I have about the Bowser H-21a hoppers is the road numbers that
they have on their models.  John's article has a picture of an H-21a and
the rosd number is 901815.  The Bowser hoppers have road numbers in the
130000 series.  I've seen 135573, 135577, 135755, 137322, 137555, and
137573.  There may be more road numbers out there.  What would the correct
road numbers be?

All the Best!

Joe Bernard, AKA Norfolk Bear.

At 11:16 PM 4/13/05 -0400, you wrote: