Branchline Trains 12-1 sleeper paint

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Apr 12 22:36:12 EDT 2005

We'll see. Here's what I sent...

I recently ordered one of your N&W 12-1 sleeper cars, after seeing it
advertised on the net. The pictures I saw were taken from your
illustration on the box label, and show what I would call "N&W tomato soup
red" passenger color (which is close to correct for 40's and 50's cars).
However, when I opened the box, my passenger car is a brownish tuscan red
(much closer to brown than anything else) I was very dissapointed, as I
thought someone finally got it right, based on your box label artwork.

I am curious if there were some cars painted the wrong color, or if not,
how did you get it right on the box, but wrong on the car? N&W passenger
cars were pretty close to PRR red, not brown. Here is a link to a page
with several heavyweight N&W passenger car for reference.

http://www.divisionpoint.com/hvy_pass.html

And here is a picture from your website for the 12-1 sleeper in N&W paint.
Mine looks nothing like this....

http://www.branchline-trains.com/blueprint/passengercars/12-1sleeper/5334-n&

w.jpg

Mike Rector