GP-9 and RS-3 Models

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Mar 30 23:21:22 EST 2005

You need a high short hood and some changes in the exhaust stacks.
Besides this however, there are bulges on both sides behind the cab
which need to be narrowed, and there are too many fans on the roof.
Also, the air tanks are appropriate only for the N&W 500 series
passenger units. You really would be better off shopping for a spare
shell. On the other hand, if you can stretch to 1960, N&W tested a 4
unit set of GM painted and lettered GP20's.    Jim Nichols