"Stuck in the 1930s"

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Mar 27 08:46:50 EST 2005

> I notice Mark Lindsey's interesting tag line, "Stuck in the 1930s."
>
> Good for you, Mark !  I'm glad you aren't ashamed to admit it.
>
> Have you ever thought about what came before the 1930s?  Specifically, when do
> you think the N&W stopped running wooden passenger equipment?  And if a guy
> wanted to have some wooden N&W cars on his HO pike, what products would he
> start with?
>
> -- abram burnett

I think they removed the cars from Œreal¹ passenger service to make them MOW
cars.  I¹ve used a couple of labelle cars, but since I model the deep coal
areas the biggy passenger trains didn¹t go there, just 2-3 car ones pulled
by M class engines.
It¹s more fun to see K2 and K3 engines, and Z1¹s with a string of Hp¹s
behind, and those little 32 foot refers.  I even havea few G-1s¹ I¹ve
cobbleed together pulling stock cars.

Mark Lindsey