[NW-Modeling-List] Caboose Suggestions

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Feb 12 00:25:44 EST 2005

On 2/11/2005, Scott Golenski wrote:
>What are you guys using for late steam era cabooses. I'm tired of
>looking at my modified Roundhouse cabooses when I know they are
>suppossed to be a wood caboose...

Scott,

Check out the N&WHS Commissary.  They sell the AMB Laserkit of the N&W CF
caboose.  The CF was the most prolific caboose on the N&W serving from
steam through the merger into the Norfolk Southern.  The model, as built,
is actually for a pre-1940 version of the caboose.  The kit is easy to
update, though to a more modern version.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kert Peterson
Fircrest, WA
kertp at comcast.net

Modeling the Norfolk and Western Ry in 1951, when Precision Transportation
was still steam powered!