P2K 2-8-8-2

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Jan 21 17:37:45 EST 2005

I have an early BLI Class A as does a friend and both seem to suffer from a
rough rather than polished wheel surface after some running.  They seem to
pick up dirt easily which causes poor electrical pickup.  I have been told
early BLI's used cast unplated wheels which is the problem.  Anyone out
there had the same problem and did they solve it.  It is not quite so easy
to send locos back to BLI from the UK.

Regards,
Richard Hood
England