P2K 2-8-8-2

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jan 15 12:13:12 EST 2005

I don't want to change the suject but it is interesting that the BLI running troubles were mentioned in the discussion about the whistle on the Y.  I'm curious as to how many modelers have had or are having problems with the A.  I recently purchased one after saving my railroad's "capital dollars" for investments and improvements.  It's the most expensive loco in my fleet.  With all the accolades about the unit and having seen a few run at train shows I was anticipating a good running and sounding loco.  After operating it for a few hours (total time)it now "jerks" when running forward on straight and curved track.  It worked fine right out of the box.  This is especially noticable when moving at slow speeds but is still present at all speeds.  I checked for binding but did not notice any thing obvious.  I went through the process of resetting the factory default values with no help.  I also made sure that track and wheels of the loco were clean.  By the way I'm operating on a Lenz DCC system.  I did send BLI an email about a week ago with a discription of the problem but have not received a reply as of yet.  Any ideas or helps from list members?  I'm more than willing to give them a try.

Dave Moorehead
Milford  Ohio