BLI J's and M's

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jun 29 16:35:48 EDT 2004

> They are moving the production from CO to CA and you can not produce the
> locomotive boilers in CA.  All of MDC's products were produced in CO.
>
> Kurt S. Kramke MMR

Kurt,

Is this due to 'tree-hugger' laws forbidding the metal casting?  Can't they
be done elsewhere without CA being involved?  China or elsewhere?  I cast my
own boilers using lead shot and Alumilite to make a few M2's and I even
started playing with the idea of scratchbuilding a Z1, since I've already
constructed a SRR 2-8-8-2 simple articulated from Bowser H9 mechanics and a
LOT of detail parts on a PVC tube filled with lead.

Mark Lindsey