NW (ex CN) Steam Program Baggage car 9647

Fri Apr 19 16:17:20 EDT 2024

Pages 71 and 81 of Jim Wrinn's "Steam's Camelot" confirm the faded
grey and black paint, but I don't know that either of them are that
great for modeling. Apparently the car belonged to Bluewater NRHS
before being sold to NS. Perhaps they would have pictures in their
archives?

https://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/Bluewater_Michigan_Chapter_NRHS
Marty Flick

Sent: Tuesday April 16 2024 7:03:12AM
Subject: NW (ex CN) Steam Program Baggage car 9647

	Good evening,

	I’m wondering if anyone knows where I might find photos of the
ex-CN baggage car 9647 that was used when 1218 was first restored in
1987. We rode behind 1218 the second day from Roanoke to Lynchburg and
back.

	I thought I had photos of the baggage car still in its CN gray and
black paint with some running rust. I had made models of that car
before and after repainting. I’m hoping to improve on my weathering
of the pre-NW paint that was applied to it.

	Unfortunately, I can’t find any photos of the car and I’m hoping
someone can help me with finding some to use as references to apply
weathering.

	Thanks in advance for any help.

	Phil Miller