another tidbit inspired by the articles Marty shared

Sun Apr 7 19:49:33 EDT 2024

As Marty shared the articles my great-grandfather wrote, I first read my grandmother's copies when I was 12- or 13-years old.  I don't know why it took so long for that to happen as I was an avid reader.

The backdrop to this, nobody knew my Grandmother's age, not even her sons!  Back in the day, you did NOT ask a woman her age.  Forbidden territory.  Holy Grail.

Well, Al Hock discloses when his children were born.  When I finished with the articles and returned them to my grandmother, I said to her, "I now know how old you are. You were born April 7.  And I'm not saying a word to anyone!"  She had a huge smile, not saying a word.

My grandmother and I had a special relationship that would play out in the later years of her life.  It wasn't until years later I revealed her age.

Kim
Huntsville, AL